Real Estate Investing Discussion Forums - Free Coaching: Website for investors - Real Estate Investing Discussion Forums - Free Coaching

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Website for investors

#1 User is offline   CashnOut 

• PM this member
  • Group: Team Dealmaker

• Level:Part-time Investor

• Niche: Rehab and new construction

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:58 AM

Just wondering how many have their own websites and if they think that they are worth the money. ;)

#2 User is offline   UrbanSteve 

• Dealmaker Associate
  • PipPip
  • PM this member
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Rehabbing, long term leasing, flipping - all single family houses at this time - Broward County, Florida.
  • City:Fort Lauderdale
  • State:FL

• Level:New Investor

• Target Markets: Fort Lauderdale, FL and surrounding cities

• Niche: Foreclosures

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:21 AM

I'm guessing you received Bronchick's monthly newsletter like I did. ;)

I looked at the templates and they look ok. Seemed inexpensive. My issue with using prefab websites is the lack of control you have over your own stuff. And unless you have access to the statistics, there's no way to know if your sight is being visited...obviously if people fill out your forms, you're being visited. Personally I would compare investomatic against the sites available through DealmakersCafe before I chose. The cafe is sort of family. I don't know who's running investomatic.

Steve

#3 User is offline   AndyVA 

• Dealmaker Admin Team
  • PM this member

• Level:Fence Sitter,Fulltime Investor

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:02 AM

How many zip codes do you cover?

The way I read the site, they charge $10/month PER zip code. With the 2 cities that I cover, I'm looking at about 45 zip codes. That's $450 per month.

But they're the "most affordable"!

#4 User is offline   CashnOut 

• PM this member

• Niche: Rehab and new construction

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:43 AM

Personally I would compare investomatic against the sites available through DealmakersCafe before I chose
I didn't even realize that this site offered that service. I guess I need to look at all of the features of this site more carefully. ;)

#5 User is offline   UrbanSteve 

• Dealmaker Associate
  • PipPip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Rehabbing, long term leasing, flipping - all single family houses at this time - Broward County, Florida.

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:55 AM

AndyVA, on May 5 2004, 10:20 AM, said:

Does that mean that you would be interested in additional services?

Depends on what the services are and how much they cost. I feel some of the items you mentioned in your post are important Andy. Optimization may also be important.

I didn't analyze investomatic so my comments above resulted from a mere peek at their templates. Lead generators like the ones they market don't interest me. Seems like a waste of money.

I haven't made a decision on site selection or design yet. Your site designs are thoughtfully created, professional looking...I like 'em. I'm just trying to figure out if they meet my needs.

Steve

#6 User is offline   Dealmaker 

• Matt
  • PM this member
  • Group: Developer & Admin

• Target Markets: SouthEast US & Waterfront

• Pets: Boxers: Max & Tiki

• He that lives upon hope will die fasting. - Benjamin Franklin

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:01 AM

Forget about optimization for "we buy" & "money partner" sites. The most qualified prospects will be one that were generated by your own marketing using your domain name.

I have been successful with generating constant leads from websites. Focus on a simple, easy-to-read website that provokes action from a motivated seller. It should entice them to call you or submit their information immediately. Forget about "special reports", trying to sell houses and attract money partners on the same website. It's too confusing for all parties & most of all, each one of those prospects are different expecting different results. You should have a website catering to each.

Dealmaker :dance1:

#7 User is offline   AndyVA 

• Dealmaker Admin Team
  • PM this member

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:31 AM

I agree with DM on several points here:

1. Have different websites for different purposes. You don't want an all-purpose "We buy houses, borrow money, and sell houses" website, because it gets 3 different markets all lumped in together. You NEED a "We buy houses" site, and should setup seperate selling and private money sites when you are ready for them.

2. Optimization is about as big of a concern as the DOS. It doesn't mean anything in our line of work. Don't believe me? Go ask your local foreclosure how they found your website. I guarantee that it isn't thru a search engine. It's thru your marketing. They get your web address off postcards/letters/signs/flyers/business cards that YOU put out.

Optimization is a GREAT BIG concern if you are building an international business and you want people all over to find you, and you can sell product over the internet and/or mail. That's not us. We're looking for Joe down the street, and the only way he will find YOUR website is if you put the address on his front lawn.

3. You don't want your site to be TOO big. Anything more than a few pages, and they'll start to get lost and lose interest. They'll read and read, and get confused, and forget what they came there for. A few pages that drives them to action is all you want.

#8 User is offline   UrbanSteve 

• Dealmaker Associate
  • PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:10 AM

Good, valid points. I agree. :dance1: I'm going over my domain name list to see which one I want to use. Will let you know.

Steve

#9 User is offline   tazcablegirl 

• TREIU
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Creative real estate, Money, horses and ranches, boats, family, RE law, outdoors activities, reading, writing short and novel length horror....not necessarily in that order.
  • City:Phoenix
  • State:Arizona

• Hobbies: Writing Non-fiction,Childrens, Horror,sci-fi novels & short stories

• Occupation: Mom, Full time Investor, Business Owner, Loan Officer

• Target Markets: AZ, NM, CO, SC

• Pets: 1 dog

• I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

• Niche: subject to

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:15 AM

Sticking with Andy and DM on this too. Your marketing TOOLS are merely that .....TOOLS and what do tools help you do?

ANSWER: help make the job easier to ACCOMPLISH.

EXAMPLE:Rebuilding a 1967 firebird 400 engine with only a screwdriver would be a terrible experience....on the flip side, if you enjoy and savor the fun of rebuilding of that engine to make it purr flawlessly when it is finished.....Then

It would definitely suck to have a MAGIC screwdriver that put together, before your very eyes, the crank, valves, pistons, guides, head, carb....etc.etc...you get the picture....

Don't take the human factor out of your marketing...

Happy Investing!

TAZ

p.s. IMO ONE STOP shopping is often TOO MUCH info for "distressed seller"

#10 User is offline   Kama45 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • Group: Dealmakers
  • City:Las Vegas/Bay Area
  • State:NV/CA

• My Goals: learn "subject to"

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:23 AM

Anyone care to post links to examplary sites they think are good for attracting motivated sellers? Thanks.

#11 User is offline   eman 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • City:md
  • State:md

• Target Markets: md

• My Goals: short term:make 1-2 deals a month to make 100,000 year: long term to make a million dollars.

• just do it

• Niche: wholesale

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:47 PM

what sites do dm recomend

#12 User is offline   DC Ross 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • State:Western WA

• Level:Wannabe

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

As a professional Web designer/developer, I can honestly say that there's no way they should get your money. There are a lot of other, more professional, and cheaper pre-fab sites available if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise, spend a few bucks on FrontPage (it's as easy to use as Word) and $10/mo. on a Web hosting provider.

Let me know if you need any help,

-DC Ross

#13 User is offline   RR071871 

• Dealmaker Associate
  • PipPip
  • PM this member
  • State:New Jersey

• Hobbies: Fishing

• Target Markets: NJ,NY,PA,FL

• My Goals: Commercial Property Bigger deals after I take off my training wheels!

• Pets: Dog !

• The most effective way to cope with change is to create it !

• Niche: Educating myself with Flipping and Rehabbing Feed Me !

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:51 AM

I would rather spend the money on a designer for 500 bucks and a host for 10 bucks a month. Find a host site not related to real estate. You never know who has access to your information with leads. I know friends who pick up leads from there sites. I am in the process of putting one together.

#14 User is offline   RyanW 

• Associate Member
  • Pip
  • PM this member
  • City:Amarillo
  • State:Texas

• Hobbies: Skydiving, Golf, Reading

• Target Markets: Amarillo and Lubbock, Texas

• My Goals: Buy 100 houses this year - 27 more to go

• You can be, do, and have whatever you can imagine.

• Niche: Wholesaling, Apartment Rehabs, Hard Money

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:02 PM

This an old topic but I really love my website provider, www.ebizwebpages.com. I've used them for the last year and I love it. There template tools are easy to use and look professional, and best of all its only $20 per month. Check out my website www.amarillohomebuyers.com.

#15 User is offline   eman 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • City:md
  • State:md

• Target Markets: md

• My Goals: short term:make 1-2 deals a month to make 100,000 year: long term to make a million dollars.

• just do it

• Niche: wholesale

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:33 PM

Is it good to put the word home in a domain name

#16 User is offline   simon 

• PM this member
  • Interests:Real Estate Investing

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:34 AM

View PostCashnOut, on May 5 2004, 05:58 AM, said:

Just wondering how many have their own websites and if they think that they are worth the money. :)

There various reasons why a web site will be worth the investment. As a real estate investor, my first web site was a simple 3 page site that had nothing more than a form for enquiries and provided information on how I did business. I was in the meantime looking for a good web site solution to buy but did not find any one that suited my needs.

And boy were they costly! Some needed as much as $2500, but none really offered what i needed. And that's why I invested in developing my own web site (initially for my own use) with features I needed that i think most real estate investors would also need.

Here are a few things you should look out for when you are looking to buy a web site:

1: Privacy
As has been pointed above, you must control your web site and it's contents. The web site must belong to you. Especially you must be able to host it where you want without undue limitations where only you controls access to your data. If the company provides hosting, then you must be able to control your hosting account as well as the web site.

Try to avoid companies where you sign up (sometimes for free), build up your web site with their templates, then pay a monthly fee. The red bells should go off if the web site can only run on their server. In reality they own your web site for a monthly fee.

2: It must be database-driven
It must be able to collect information into a database and allow you to manipulate it any way you want, such as sending email, importing and exporting data and so on. Preferably, when someone submits information on the web site, you should receive an email and that information should be logged into the database.

3: It must be interactive
The ability to interact with visitors is a must for a modern web site. You must be able to gather the information you want from motivated sellers, house buyers, or any other visitors that you target in your real estate business. Your motivated sellers must be able to leave testimonials, if they want.

Of course, the web site must be simple enough for motivated to easily submit their information on the web site rather than make a phone call saving you time, and delivering a pre-screened and pre-negotiated deal.

The ability to interact freely on social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook Myspace and others is a basic necessity these days too. Even if you do not use these services, your friends (buyers and real estate investors alike) will share your properties with their friends in the same media, resulting to a quick sale. Most real estate investors today share their properties on these media.

4: It must be easy to use
Preferably, the web site should be controlled from a virtual back office (admin panel). The front end should completely free of maintenance.

5: It must be adaptable
If it cannot adapt to your business model without too much input, it's probably not the best web site for you. You should be able to create new pages, add content easily, and create any forms to collect any type of information you want.

6: It must offer numerous designs
You don't want your web site to look like all other out there. You should have a big selection of designs to choose from and the capability to customize the designs to suit your real estate investing needs. You should be able to keep your brand such as logo or even a custom look if you need to. Preferably, you should not have to pay extra to choose any design you want.

7: It should offer automation capability
Your real estate investing web site must allow you to create unlimited follow-up autoresponders to handle email campaigns for your motivated sellers, buyers lists or any other lists you manage on your web site.

In today's world, automation is so simple and can help your real estate investing business deliver more by doing very little where automation is possible.

For example, when someone signs up, you could send them an instant courtesy email saying something like "Thank you for your enquiry. We will contact you within 24 hours".

Similarly, you should be able to create automated reminders to remind you of any important events on your real estate investing business. Your busy schedule should not get in the way of important follow-ups so crucial to successful real estate investing.

8: It must be affordable
Sadly, most real estate investing products are just too costly. If they do not hit you with a big upfront invoice, they get you stuck with monthly fees. This should not be the case. As stated above, the web site must allow you to install it and run it from any web hosting account.

9: It must offer free lifetime support and upgrades
When you buy your real estate investing web site, you must get free lifetime support and upgrades. If a web site offers every little thing as a module for an extra fee, run the other way.

I could go on and on, but these are basic requirements for getting a good web site. My signature contains a good resource worth looking into.

This post has been edited by simon: 04 August 2009 - 05:35 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic