Real Estate Investing Discussion Forums - Free Coaching: We are fam-i-ly!  Look Newbies! - Real Estate Investing Discussion Forums - Free Coaching

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We are fam-i-ly!  Look Newbies! DealMakers Cafe- A place to call Home.

#81 User is offline   snuts 

• PM this member
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2003 - 04:24 PM

I've read two RDPD books and am in the process of reading "Flipping Properties". I have read a bunch of articles and posts and am beginning to learn how to access info from my county. What have you done since you graduated? Have you been successful with anything yet?

Thanks!

#82 User is offline   maccius 

• Dealmaker Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member
  • Group: Dealmakers
  • City:Dalton
  • State:Ga

• Level:Fence Sitter,Fulltime Investor

• Target Markets: Northwest Georgia

Posted 20 February 2003 - 08:43 PM

Well I graduated in december. I haven't made a deal yet partially because I was spinning my wheels in January trying to figure which way I was going to dive into this. I think I have a pretty solid plan right now.

I made the commitment to make REI work for me. So instead of getting a salary job for a corporation I'm a 3rd shift security gaurd on weekends. I have to admit it is daunting at times to see some of my friends pull in $1500 salary checks every two weeks while I have just enough to pay my bills and cover some of my marketing I'm doing right now I also realize in 5 years I'll be in the fast track while their still working their jobs or being "down sized". Its called delayed gratification and I'm a patient person.

I'm willing to pay the price right now. Thats what you'll have to decide. Right now I feel like I have all the knowledge. No more courses, books, or materials is going to help me but experience. So thats where I'm at. I'm running a journal of what I'm doing here.

Once you finished the Flipping Properties. Read the Archives. Its sure to satisify a mind hungry for knowledge. :D

-Maccius

#83 User is offline   financiallysmart 

• Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:06 AM

HI all :greenblob:

Very excited to see the enthusiasm level here at the cafe!
I just wanted to say that this is the best forum site out there compared to richdad, and creonline and various other sites. I would like to share what I have learned thus far.

My status:
I'm finishing up my 3rd year of college, I have a couple of more terms to go.
I just wanted to know if the successful real estate investors ever got a college degree.
I know I won't use the degree after I graduate because I will strictly be doing real estate.
My friends are scared for me the fact that I am not looking for internships and job offers in this stage.

Sometimes to get to that path, I believe that I must "burn my ships" (think and grow rich) and have no means of a way to retreat. It's either I will be successful or die trying. It's a bold step that I am taking, but I refuse to work in exchange for money. Time is valuable. It should be used to enjoy life.

I spend hours upon hours sifting through all of the old archives. Awesome information provided. :rolleyes:

Goals are important. It is a requirement to set daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals, and yearly goals. What do you want five years from now. Start planning for it. Think long term, and then short term of how to get there. Some people may say that it is a waste of time if you spend 30 mins a day planning out your daily and weekly goals. However, if you don't know where you are going, you will not get there. You may get there, but 20 years too late.

Motivation - I have learned how to motivate myself to take some sort of action (used some techniques from Anthony Robbins). Linking between pleasure and pain.
I have a list of purposes for the reasons why I am doing real estate. I look at it on a continual basis. I visualize the pain that will happen to me in 10-20 years if I do not pursue real estate, which is I will be working 9-5 ( :crazy: ), and just depicting all of the things I do not want to happen. This is my pain that I associate with a movement or something, so that when I close my eyes and do the movement, it reminds me of the negative consequence.
Of course I picture the positive consequence as well. Living in a big house, driving a nice mercedes, providing for family and such. My desire has gotten so strong that it will eventually turn into reality....make it an obsession!

You obviously have read Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill. It is one of the best books written of all time. I recorded myself repeating the auto-suggestion, and I listen to it every morning. If you feel that you need a boost in your day, repeat it out loud once a day or record it and listen to it.

Everything is a learning process. You know what you have to work on, so work on it? Easy huh? Most people I think would find themselves so busy and wrapped into what they are doing that they forget the vital overall picture is. What i do is, I set aside monday for learning and improving negotations, tuesday for building businesses, wednesday for stocks, thursday for preforeclosures, friday for lease option, etc....
Make it a priority on your list before anything else to get it done. They should be important for you.

FEAR is a killer of dreams. I know that firsthand because I have not done any deals yet.....but in due time...still just focusing on my school at this point...finals are coming up!

I applaud everyone here at this forum for knowing that we deserve much more in life and will/have take action to achieve it.
Thanks for everybody's wonderful posts.

See ya at the TOP!!!!!!

#84 User is offline   the flipper 

• PM this member

Posted 01 March 2003 - 01:53 PM

A BIG SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE! I located this site last night and found it to be one of the best sites for new REI's. In the short 2 weeks that I've been involved in the field, I've manage to adsorb alot from reading different courses, attending my local real estate investment clubs,visiting different sites, etc. I currently have "Instant cash wholesaling houses" by Scott Riser. This course is great and gives you tons of knowledge and motivation to just go out and do it! Because the best teacher in my opinion is the streets ! I will start my real estate investment career by wholesaling to other investors to build cash flow. Thanks, and happy hunting to everyone ! :greenblob:

#85 User is offline   maccius 

• Dealmaker Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:39 PM

Hey guys Welcome to the Cafe!

It sounds you two are really motivated! Thats great! If you haven't yet be sure to check out the Archives!

Financiallysmart:

I just wanted to know if the successful real estate investors ever got a college degree.

I got mine last decemeber. Enjoy college. Sure a lot of the formal education you'll never use but the whole atmosphere was fun or so it was for me. So just enjoy it.

the flipper:

This course is great and gives you tons of knowledge and motivation to just go out and do it!

I agree I love the course. I'm going to set my 1 hour phone time with him sometime soon. I'm ready to pluck his brain for some info.

Best of luck to you two! Read the archives and any questions just ask away.

-Maccius

#86 User is offline   CashnOut 

• PM this member
  • Group: Team Dealmaker

• Level:Part-time Investor

• Niche: Rehab and new construction

Posted 14 April 2003 - 10:58 AM

The_Motivated_One, on Feb 13 2002, 07:44 PM, said:

If you are serious about Real Estate Investing and willing to put in the effort, this site is for YOU!

After reading some posts, something hit me- then I took a moment to reflect.  Where would I be without DealMakers Cafe?  I know right where I would be and that's sitting on the fence, reading how to do it and not actually doing it.

Since I found DMC, my life has forever changed.  I was like all of the others, posting on other boards- having my questions answered by people I've never heard of before.  There was no way for me to know if their advise was any good, and no one was really pushing me to take action.

DMC is unlike any other boards out there- by far.  Just look what happens when a Newbie posts for the first time.  He/she is greeted with open arms by all of us and pushed right away to take action.  They're asked what their goals are and what they have planned.  This is not meant to bash the other boards at all, but if you posted that you were new on another board, I guarantee that you wouldn't get the same reception as you do here.

For the lurkers out there- the ones who just read the posts and never say anything.... What are you doing?  Why don't you participate, ask questions, answer questions if you know the answers to them and learn with us?  

Newbies and lurkers: This place is great.  Spend some time reading the archives and the posts, then post a quick hello and tell us about what you’re doing now.  Almost everything you need is right here.  The only other thing you need is to put in some effort and make things happen.

Speaking of making things happen....  There are so many ideas on this board of what you can do NOW to start looking for Motivated Sellers.  You don't even need to know anything about Real Estate Investing to tell you the truth!  For example, call ads in your local Newspaper.  Talk to the sellers.  Find out all of the information you can.  (For more info see the "Newbie Newspaper Call Blitz" Thread.)  Then, post all of the info on this board and we will help you through it.  Is it that easy you ask?  YES, it's that easy!  All you have to do supply us is the effort and willingness to learn and we will help!  If your SUPER Motivated and desire success then you are 1/2 way home!  :)

TMO :flame:  :kitty:

So sing it!  We are fam-i-ly.....   :)  :read:

Hi, everyone. I am a newbie to real eastate investing but not buying and owning. I have been fixing uo my own resisences ans then reselling for years and built the last 2 houses. If I could get some expert advice (opinion) on the following I would gratly appreciate it. BTW my objectives are to supplement my income through REI as I would like to retire from my current position in 2-3 years.
1. What is the best (in your opinion and why?) REI straegy for someone who isn't really interested in fixing them up anymore.
2. What is the best seminar material for the above opinion. I understand that one can get educated on this site, but it might be easier to start with seminar material. I have Ron Legrands 3 systems, wholesale/retail, L/O, and FSBO's.

TIA and I think that I have found a great place to be if I want to be sucessfull at this.

#87 User is offline   erika 

• Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 17 April 2003 - 10:49 AM

:dance: I am really having a great time in this site. This has made coming to work worth while I'm in a dead in job and really excited about getting started in the real estate business. Thanks so much for the information. I'm still reading the archives I will have many questions I'm sure.

Thanks Again to everyone that contributes.

#88 User is offline   Dealmaker 

• Matt
  • PM this member
  • Group: Developer & Admin

• Target Markets: SouthEast US & Waterfront

• Pets: Boxers: Max & Tiki

• He that lives upon hope will die fasting. - Benjamin Franklin

Posted 17 April 2003 - 12:31 PM

1. What is the best (in your opinion and why?) REI straegy for someone who isn't really interested in fixing them up anymore.

First you must determine the price you want to pay (personal investment of time and effort), your goals and objectives, and match that with several strategies available. There is no best strategy. Look more to yourself and determine what is the objective that you're trying to achieve. Start a new thread once you determine this.

2. What is the best seminar material for the above opinion. I understand that one can get educated on this site, but it might be easier to start with seminar material. I have Ron Legrands 3 systems, wholesale/retail, L/O, and FSBO's.

Again there is no best strategy :dance: and the material you have only covers a small portion of the strategies.

I think that I have found a great place to be if I want to be sucessfull at this.

I think so too! Welcome to the Cafe'!!

Dealmaker :dance:

#89 User is offline   Dealmaker 

• Matt
  • PM this member

Posted 17 April 2003 - 12:33 PM

erika, on Apr 17 2003, 10:49 AM, said:

:dance:  I am really having a great time in this site. This has made coming to work worth while I'm in a dead in job and really excited about getting started in the real estate business. Thanks so much for the information. I'm still reading the archives I will have many questions I'm sure.

Thanks Again to everyone that contributes.

Erika!

Welcome ;) Investor!!

Dive in those archives and read the current forum archives as well. Then start those questions. We're ready!!

DM :dance:

#90 User is offline   sandra2273 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:bowling, baseball, swimming, reading and now REI investing... smile

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:36 AM

Hi I am a newbie... Totally!

Does any one have suggestions on Foreclosures? I am approaching people that are going to lose their homes to auction. I have been doing this for about 4-5 months and no luck.

Is there a script out there or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cat ;)

#91 User is offline   maccius 

• Dealmaker Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 25 April 2003 - 10:40 AM

Hi Sandra!

Welcome to the Cafe! Taking action is the first step. I'll reply more specifically in your other post but run a search also to find some other threads on the same issue. Best of luck!

-Maccius

#92 User is offline   Emmo 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Canoeing, fishing a mountain stream, money, traveling, money, real estate, Classical Music, money, Jazz, Visiting my grandkids.

Posted 05 July 2003 - 11:34 AM

Am I Excited, You Betcha! Greetings to all the dealmakers and newbies!. I am a newbies to this site, and I have been lurking for about a month. I would like to take tyhis opportunity to thank the Dealmaker and others who make this site the most informative, educational REI site on the web today. Your no bars hold, and no fluff sets you apart from the others. There is truly GOLD in the ARCHIVES, and other precious gems for the taking. I can only say read the archives, read them aganin, and read them again. For each time you do you will garner valuable, priceless information. Truly, an education at no cost to you, ecept for your time, and of course the application of lessons learned by taking action. ACTION ! :greenblob: Action being the keyword. For without action, NOTHING HAPPENS !. I have been involved in Real Estate for a number of years. My involvement in Real Estate was helping others to become rich and to live an enjoyable lifestyle produced by the fruits of my labor. The story is much to long to write in this post. I was the GC who did the actual legwork and labor to develop and produce some of the finest sub-divisions, motel, and commercial retail centers
in the Sandhills of North Carolina and in the Southwest U. S. Obviously, the fuits of my labor produced bountiful profits and developments for the RE Investors and Developers. NOW, it is my turn. I am taking action to fire up my REI Program. I am resposnsible for my program and its achievements, not anyone else. You see, there is no other ALTERNATIVE for me. It is a must do for me ! I am being re-educated in REI through this site. My REI program has to be done the right way. At present, I still hold my GC License, and have a Real Estate License. I am an open-minded individual to work Real Estate from both sides, as an agent, and an investor. Now is the time to get my investor side into a higher gear, and thanks to the valuable information received form this site, I will do so. i have started and implimented my plan of action. First I did a general outline of direction of where I want to be in 5 yrs and what I must do to accomplish my goal. Second, I wrote out my business plan, made it into a formal presentation in an attractive folder, and read it every day, to re-enforce my mind set. I feel tis is an important step. I formed an LLC a few months back, and now set up a C. LLC for long term investments, C for short term. I have adds in the 2 free local papers, the larger daily papers didn't seem to work as well. Also have signs, and implimented a direct mail letter campaign, recently. I send 550 direct mail letters to N/TRST/Sale
[Pre-Foreclosures], vacant properties, out of town,state owners, a month. i've been doing this for 2 months, and have started generating calls from these. I am receiving call from business cards .My strategy for buying is CFD and Subj 2 , and exiting strategy is L/O and CFD. Others will be implimented as I learn them. I presently have 3 properties that I own, exit strategy implimented is L/O. I am truly excited about growing my REI program.

I would also like to pay a compliment to all the psoters, dealmakers, newbies, and the Dealmaker, for a REI site that surpasses anything on the web. The attitude by which you gentlemen and ladies present, an attitude of service to others, your willingness to help others with their questiuons, and your dedication to time spent on this site, giving us newbies a better road to travel is most appreciative. Happy REInvesting to all, and may God bless you all in your endeavours.

Sincerely,
Emmo

#93 User is offline   Tina 

• Dealmaker Associate
  • PipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 05 July 2003 - 05:58 PM

Emmo,

You found the right place. After a long absence, it is easy for me to see my mistakes by going elsewhere. I got caught up in some terrible strategies that only cost me wasted time & effort. Stick with the cowboys :kitty: here at dealmakerscafe.com and you'll be better off.

Okay, DM I'm back home & on track. Is there room for me? :wub:

#94 User is offline   Kevin 

• Dealmaker Pro & Moderator
  • PM this member
  • Group: Team Dealmaker
  • City:Suwanee, GA

• Target Markets: Gwinnett, Dekalb, Hall, Forsyth Counties

• Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:45 PM

Welcome back Tina!

kwhutto :kitty:

#95 User is offline   wjclayton 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Real Estate Headache Fixer

Posted 06 July 2003 - 12:39 AM

Hey Everybody;

This is what I done to get over the not knowing. I went out and INSPECTED 50 homes and I am going to do 50 more. I have learned and met some of the most interesting an helpful people in the business. These where homes just like the ones I will be invesrting in. You learn a whole lot about what is out there and who's who in your neck of the woods or where you will be investing at.

Bigg dogg !!!

#96 User is offline   mjdreal 

• Associate Member
  • Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 29 November 2003 - 08:54 PM

Hell-o all this is a great site I just joined today and already feel at home..I have to give The motivated one a BIG thank you for all your newbie motivation words of encouragement thank-you thank-you thank-you you all seem to be out for me to suceed................I'm deticating two hours or more every nite to reading posts and trying to lean the bussines..thax,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MD :dance1:

#97 User is offline   bill 

• Pip
  • PM this member

Posted 02 December 2003 - 06:16 AM

Someone recommended this site to me months ago and I finally decided this past weekend to take a look at it . WOW! I've been missing out on something big. I'm working with a pro who specializes in L/P using PAC-Trust. Plan on making my first purchase this Friday with seller who has double payments starting in Jan. Newspaper ads have created no deals so I'm going to wait until Jan to spend more money on that but I'm expecting my bandit signs to arrive anyday. My daughter is helping me organize my letter campaign and since I've had so many seller foreclosures call me, I have my son educating himself on foreclosures so we can deal with any seller regardless the situation. Since this is my first post I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate.
Bill

#98 User is offline   Nikko 

• PM this member
  • Interests:Love my kids like crazy, horses, and houses with great bones!
  • City:San Diego
  • State:CA.

• Level:New Investor

• Hobbies: Books and gardening

• Target Markets: Local, Missouri, LA., S.C., N.J., TX.

• Pets: Birds and cats.

• Niche: Love houses with great bones. 1-4 units

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:59 PM

:fl1: A quick hello, you could call me a past lurker! Now call me, just new. It is so true to post and ask questions. Less than 24 hours ago I thought I have a deal, my first. With ya alls questions I saw real fast it was very one-sided.
Thank you, thank you.
Nikko

#99 User is offline   zscuba 

• PM this member

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:46 PM

Help. I'm tired of hearing how easy it is and hearing how easy it is from all the so called guru's. What am I missing???

#100 User is offline   realinvest04 

• PM this member

Posted 13 March 2004 - 03:42 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and I want to introduce myself. I've been looking for resources and information to start investing but have found this task to be very difficult. This is not because of a lack of info, but it is hard to know who to trust. My interest in real estate stems from a desire to prosper and create a hedge against downsizing at my job. I will explore this site and gather some info and try to get this thing started. I will post questions and progress reports as they arise. Thank you!

#101 User is offline   maccius 

• Dealmaker Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 15 March 2004 - 11:49 PM

Help. I'm tired of hearing how easy it is and hearing how easy it is from all the so called guru's. What am I missing???

Its not easy. Its work. Use the information here and then put what you hear into action. Get out go to an REI club and meet some people. Gather some resources and start making offers.

-Shane

#102 User is offline   dealtime 

• PM this member

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:31 AM

:blush: goood day to every one, i found the site while surfing the web @ work.
i have seen many diff creative real estate site but none quit like this one. here ?'s are been answered, i have placed ?'s on other site before and i gotten repies like. i suggest you read the entire site to find the answer.blah blah.
any way my real name is richardo and i'm sitting on the fence, better yet i'm behind the fence, i want to get into real estate becaue i like to be creative i like looking @ house and more so i want to take care of my wife without having to worry about my job situation.
i need all the advise you guy are wiloling to give i will try my bestto soak up the info like a sponge.

#103 User is offline   Dealmaker 

• Matt
  • PM this member

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:03 AM

Read the archives.. yes they are DIFFERENT! Ask questions.

More importantly, if you understand any part of buying creatively, start marketing!! Applied truth (knowledge) is the key. There are a lot of sites with wannabes full of knowledge yet they don't own any property. Knowledge is not the key. Application is your best teacher and will get you closer to success than any other suggestion.

Welcome to the Cafe'.

Dealmaker :blush:

#104 User is offline   wjclayton 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • Interests:Real Estate Headache Fixer

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:49 PM

Hey All, Something for the Newbies

Bigg Dogg here, I have been gone for some time. I am back. DealMaker comments are right on about the many Gurus out there who do not have one property to back up there so call teachings.

I am no way or even want to be a Teacher of this Beautiful way to make money and meet all kinds of different people!

This is a participation game, you participate you learn. You don't just get your feet wet, you get your feet muddy and trust me that mud will have some things in it you have never seen or smelled ever!

That's ok as long as you commet to educating yourself continuely, don't stop!

To your Health, :blush:

#105 User is offline   ruperto 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • City:Rancho Palos Verdes
  • State:CA

• Hobbies: Internet, Real Estate, Investments, Travel, Family, Sports, Powerlifting

• Target Markets: South Bay, Los Angeles area

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:09 AM

Very nice site! I bumped across it on recommendation from another forum. Glad I came across it. It has a lot of informative info and tips!

#106 User is offline   Lynnda 

• PM this member
  • City:New York
  • State:NY

• Hobbies: reading, computers, travelling

• Target Markets: New York State, Florida, Pennsylvania

• My Goals: retire, buy my own home, finincial security

• Pets: 1 cat named Hunter

• When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.

• Niche: Im new to this..looking forward to meeting you all and hopefully learn as much as i can from you all :)

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:08 PM

Hi everybody...I just registered yesterday. So far I like what Ive read and this site appears to be quite user friendly, not to mention the obvious enthusiams that is shown in the posts Ive read so far. Im already starting to feel a bit more comfortable and at ease! :D Well, here I am and I have to be honest..so far I have read books on investing.. e.g. Rich Dad Poor Dad* , *Think and Grow Rich( to name a few! ..but I havent yet taken the plunge. so to speak :greenblob: Im looking forward to learning from each one of you and hopefully together we can help each other and make our dreams a reality..! I for one, am eager to get started. " Can anyone recommend a book on real estate investing that explains the procedures in more..layman's terms? In reading the books, I think that the simplest way to start for someone like me..would be searching for a single family home and drawing up an Option to Purchase...especially in my case..with no money down! Let me ask you...can you really begin investing with no money down...I think it sounds too good to be true..is it?? Any comments? Suggestions?

Any help for this *newbie* would be appreciated and again I look forward to getting to know all the fine people here who are go getters and *doers*

#107 User is offline   ravenhawk 

• PM this member
  • City:kansas city
  • State:missouri

• Hobbies: do-it-yourself project, computers, reading

• Target Markets: real estate: rehab for resale & rental properties

• My Goals: to give my kids a future

• Pets: 2 birds, 4 cats, & a hampster

• Life is what you make of it.

• Niche: I fix houses for a living and i enjoy taking run down properties in need of fixing.

Posted 22 August 2004 - 07:43 PM

Hi all!! Just thought to say hi I'm new to this kinda thing. The only thing i have an edge on is the fact that i have a small handyman company so i know how to do rehab's other than that well I need lots of help. :laugh:

#108 User is offline   robdzil 

• PM this member
  • Interests: being with Brandy(wife), sports, learning REI as a business to be very successful
  • City:McDonough
  • State:GA

• Hobbies: video games, finding financial freedom,reading

• Target Markets: surrounding cities

• My Goals: financial freedom, min 20 homes

• Pets: chocolate lab, SMOKEY

• i don't care how smart you are, but you will have common sense.- my Dad

• Niche: preforeclosure, subject to

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:59 PM

Hello,
this is a very informative REI site. It has convinced me and a coworker to jump off of the fence. Thank you. I will updated you with our journey.
rob

#109 User is offline   rei-04 

• PM this member
  • City:san antonio
  • State:tx

• Hobbies: golf, cars & women :)

• Target Markets: San Antonio for now, but would like to travel around to other places and invest.

• My Goals: Basically financial freedom, so I can do what I want, when I want.

• Pets: 2 cats: Big Daddy & Flea

• Niche: Just started, but 1st one will be a Flip.

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:13 PM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am a newbie and I can't wait to make my 1st deal. I have a feeling it is going to happen pretty quick. :dance1:

#110 User is offline   sandhillscapital 

• PM this member
  • City:Pinehurst
  • State:North Carolina

• Target Markets: Sandhills and Triad - NC

• My Goals: To be a Full Time Investor

• Pets: Dog - Sandy

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:18 PM

Drew, on Feb 14 2002, 02:16 PM, said:

Awesome man!   The freaks come out at night... or should I say lurkers!  Nice to meet you folks!  You took the first step... now how 'bout the next?

Stardave..... what part of NC??

-d
(Raleigh-Durham)
View Post

Drew,

Scott in Pinehurst.Just wanted to say hello and ask if you saw my first post. Is there anything particular to NC, that may be different from archives and posts? Here in Moore county, I've been to the county website, but I don't see how Lis Pendens are listed.

Scott

#111 User is offline   Aaron 

• PM this member
  • City:Grand Rapids
  • State:Michigan

• Target Markets: Grand rapids, Michigan

• My Goals: create a finacial stability in real estate for the future

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:14 PM

Hello to all,
I have just registered tonight and I am excited to get things rolling. This site is the site that I have been looking for. I have been interested in the investment aspect for about a year now and in the last 6 months was very close to buying my first property. Unfortunately my current circumstances have put a hold on moving forward....(lost my job due to down sizeing on the 23 of dec.). But I have had some time to reflect on things and have decided that now is a better time than any to try and get my first deal. I have a ton of questions and ready for the "OJT" aspect in this industry.

#112 User is offline   Roderick 

• PM this member
  • City:Harrington Park
  • State:NJ

• Hobbies: Fishing,Hiking,Skiing,Reading,dancing, and anything that makes me relax and smile

• Target Markets: NJ,NYC,PA,FL,CA,AZ,NV,CT and WA

• My Goals: My goals is to build a family and financial freedom for my family never to worry about a thing in life. Is it such a bad thing well i hope not im very determined and never ever wanted in my life to ever wanna learn so much about i've picked up booksd in school and dropped it. It's the first thing in my life im am hungry for information.

• Pets: Jindo dog

• Live everyday like it's your last day! Beurself !

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:58 AM

:walking: You guys seem like a positive group of friendly people! Hi im Roger for short im overwhelmed with all this information that people are willing to share. :D

#113 User is offline   Mr. Lambdebois 

• PM this member
  • City:Miami
  • State:Florida

• Hobbies: Barbaque,fishing,auto,learning

• Target Markets: So far only in the stock market...

• My Goals: To own a piece of Mountain land off CO-82 between Glenwood Springs and Aspen.

• Pets: English Bulldog

• Don't bring a kinfe to a gun fight.

• Niche: Fixing your "non-investment"

Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:48 PM

I am new here but I have already learned a great deal based on the reading I have done the past few hours on these forums. Seems like a great atmosphere. I look forward to talking with and learning more in the future.

John

#114 User is offline   peaches 

• PM this member

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:38 PM

Afternoon Y'all. I am a newbie to real estate investing and to using a computer so please be patient with me. During login I wanted to fill in my goals, pets etc. but I hit the enter key before I knew it.....and I have no idea how to go back and fix it. So sorry...........anyway.............

First, thank you for this forum. I am deeply grateful for all the knowledge freely shared by the members. I have spent hours reading the archives and printing some answers for my husband to read. I look forward to the day when I can give back and help somebody.

Like so many others we read Rich Dad and from there everything just gained speed. We have always wanted to own land and build wealth with real estate. We never knew how. We are in the middle of middle age and figure it's our turn now.

Our money is hard earned by my husband and not much left after payday so we have gone to Barnes and Nobles and just read and read all the investing books we can get our hands on. When we have the money we buy our books from B&N as our way of saying thank you for letting us read in their store. (Their staff has always treated us with kindness.)

Another thing we have done is join a local REIA group. This has really helped our fears become easier to live with. The group we joined is warm, friendly and so willing to help just like y'all are in this forum. By the way that is how I found out about this website. I heard about another REIA group a ways over from us. So I called the group leader and he shared this address with me. As a result we are going to visit his group's monthly meeting this week. One thing for sure the real estate investors I've spoken to are some of the happiest, kindest, most generous folks I've had the pleasure to meet. That speaks volumes about how they are making their living.

Being an investor is a new way of thinking and we are doing our best to figure it out. So we are just going to be the old folks we are and start out slow but sure. I know we can figure this out. Just knowing this forum is here gives me peace of mind.

Didn't mean to be so long.

Y'all take care.

#115 User is offline   The_Motivated_One 

• Cafe' Protege' & Motivator
  • PipPipPip
  • PM this member

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:57 PM

BOO!

Wow... It's been 3 years since I posted this topic.... and it's still pinned at the top. :)

Just stopped by DMC to do some research... I mean where else is there to go on the internet for REI research, right?! :)

Just thought I'd say a big HELLO to everyone and the DealMaker! Last time I posted, there were some INCREDIBLE comments from people. Some of which were soooo nice.... Thank you everyone.

I've been living in Houston... what a tough nut to crack here for REI. Coming from a state where there were major zoning laws to a place that has ZERO zoning is more confusing than seeing a 6 legged cat with a dogs head.

Will check in from time to time- my biz is keeping me VERY busy.

Hope all is well!!!!

TMO

#116 User is offline   Homebrewhead 

• PM this member
  • City:Doylestown
  • State:PA

• Level:Wannabe

• Hobbies: Homebrewing, Planted Aquarium, Chickens and FOOTBALL!

• Target Markets: Philly-NE....Rowhouses, Twins, SFD

• My Goals: Rehab houses to generate enough income to support my family! Duh!

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:52 PM

This is my second post on the site.

I recently found out my job will be eliminated, so.........I don't want to rely on anyone else for my money or future. I just turned 41, have a wife and 2 kids with a boatload of bills I want to pay down while generating income.

I decided that I need to take control of my life, quit making excuses and put my Handyman skills to use while trying to learn the paper side of this industry.

It is confusing right now. But I am confident I'll learn it.

My Goals are to generate income via Rehab's initially. I thought this would maximize my profits given my talents. Eventually I don't want to be doing the grunt work if possible.

I have a Sponser Financially. I have money for buying properties. I have financing for a salary as well. SO it is risk free for me.

I have a month to read and learn before I engage a plan of attack.

Anyone know of some good layman's books, articles to read?

I can read online, but not all the time. I like to read books, I can take them with me anywhere.

I'm all over the place. My mind is racing with which way to go! :blink:

I've only been on the site for 4 hours, so I have alot more reading to do!

Personally I have always felt that Real Estate is a great way to make big money in the long run.

I am on day one of my new adventure! :flaming:

#117 User is offline   CelestiaLegends 

• Pip
  • PM this member
  • City:San Mateo
  • State:California

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:21 PM

Hey guys!

I'm new here too! Still in the "teaching myself" phase. I'm trying to get some amount of money to get started. (I plan to start in august.)

I want to get started as soon as I can. Nice to meet you all! ^_^

#118 Guest_Rojas_*

• Group: Guest

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:06 AM

post removed

This post has been edited by Rojas: 20 April 2005 - 09:58 PM

#119 User is offline   Steve1040 

• PM this member
  • City:Blue Springs
  • State:MO

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

Hello All,

This place is just what I've been looking for.

About Me

35 yrs old
Software Engineer
Goal 1 - Obtain my first College Degree
Sr Year of Accel Adult Undergrad (MIS)

Goal 2 - Get into Real Estate investment. I'm thinking my first investment will have to be a fixer upper. At some point I'd like to get to the point where I'm building new homes. (Developer)

Dream --- I wish I could have a home building business that was successful enough where I could just give a home to struggling family each year.

Thanks again for putting this place together. Damn you for putting this place together. I should be working on my Final Paper for my business comm class.
:)

Steve

#120 User is offline   Mandy 

• PM this member
  • State:South Australia

• Hobbies: sport, making money, my children

• Target Markets: Australia

• My Goals: Earn $200,000 passive income from properties

• Pets: horses, dogs, sheep? - we live on a farm!

• Niche: Commercial property

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:14 PM

Hi everybody,

Wow, this site seems to have a huge following. Keep up the great work. I too am impressed by the way people help people on these forums (I am new to this forum idea). It's great.

I am not brand new at investing in property, but am always prepared to learn more and get better at it.

I have a passion for commercial property, after buying one residential and having a bit of fun (not!) with tenents. I have found commercial to have longer leases and the tenants pay the outgoings. This suits me because I am doing this investing thing oart time for now.

We sold the residential (for a profit) and purchased our first comm about 18 months ago. We are in negotiations now for the 2nd using no cash down, all equity from the increase in value from the last one.

My best advice for people starting out is TO START. It is easy to read and learn, but this isn't going to get you where you wna to go. If the property has a positive cash flow, then just start. You'll never look back.

Thanks heaps for this great site and a chance to share our experiences. I am soooo excited about our current deal that I need to tell the world!!

Good luck all you newbie investors! I look forward to hearing more success stories from you.

From a little Aussie,

Mandy :dance:

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic