Real Estate Investing Discussion Forums - Free Coaching: Any Suggestions? - Real Estate Investing Discussion Forums - Free Coaching

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Suggestions? Looking for ideas on where to start.

#1 User is offline   bigya02 

• PM this member
  • Group: Dealmakers
  • City:Newport News
  • State:Virginia

• Level:Wannabe

• Hobbies: Basketball, Exercise

• Target Markets: Virginia, Maryland, DC

• My Goals: Full-Time Real Estate Investor

• Make it happen

• Niche: Flips

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hello Everyone,

I just recently returned to the states from a year long deployment in Afghanistan and I'm looking for investment ideas for the money that I earned while overseas. With the economy the way it is, I think there might be a lot of opportunities right now and I don't want to miss out on possibly the best time for me to start investing in real estate. I guess I'm just asking where some of you guys started and based on your experiences, what you might think would be a good point for me to start and if necessary some things I might need to know. I've been reading the post on and off for a few years and educating myself on differen investing techniques and ofcourse, from reading different post, I know that a having a lot of money isn't really necessary in order to make money in real estate, however, now that I have a little play with I just feel a lot more comfortable getting into investing at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   mrehfeld 

• PM this member
  • Group: Team Dealmaker

• Level:Fence Sitter,Fulltime Investor

• Target Markets: NJ

• Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

View Postbigya02, on Jan 10 2010, 09:32 PM, said:

Hello Everyone,

I just recently returned to the states from a year long deployment in Afghanistan and I'm looking for investment ideas for the money that I earned while overseas. With the economy the way it is, I think there might be a lot of opportunities right now and I don't want to miss out on possibly the best time for me to start investing in real estate. I guess I'm just asking where some of you guys started and based on your experiences, what you might think would be a good point for me to start and if necessary some things I might need to know. I've been reading the post on and off for a few years and educating myself on differen investing techniques and ofcourse, from reading different post, I know that a having a lot of money isn't really necessary in order to make money in real estate, however, now that I have a little play with I just feel a lot more comfortable getting into investing at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry no one has responded to your request it seems things have really fallen off here but hopefully you haven't lost interest.

My suggestion is you find a local real estate investment association (REIA), many let you sit in on their meetings before joining. It a great place to make contacts from many facets of the real estate industry, but best of all they are like minded.

Bird-Dogging is a great way to build your skills and learn a little how other investors convert their deals into potential profit.

Good luck and visit more often I think we are finally turning the corner.

#3 User is offline   bigya02 

• PM this member
  • Group: Dealmakers
  • City:Newport News
  • State:Virginia

• Level:Wannabe

• Hobbies: Basketball, Exercise

• Target Markets: Virginia, Maryland, DC

• My Goals: Full-Time Real Estate Investor

• Make it happen

• Niche: Flips

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

View Postmrehfeld, on Apr 11 2010, 08:09 AM, said:

Sorry no one has responded to your request it seems things have really fallen off here but hopefully you haven't lost interest.

My suggestion is you find a local real estate investment association (REIA), many let you sit in on their meetings before joining. It a great place to make contacts from many facets of the real estate industry, but best of all they are like minded.
Bird-Dogging is a great way to build your skills and learn a little how other investors convert their deals into potential profit.

Good luck and visit more often I think we are finally turning the corner.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look around for an REIA in my area and from there I will get some things going here. Good Luck to you as well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic