Real Estate Investing Discussion Forums - Free Coaching: Insurance Question - Real Estate Investing Discussion Forums - Free Coaching

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Insurance Question

#1 User is offline   RealKool1 

• PM this member
  • Group: Dealmakers
  • City:Humble
  • State:Texas

• Level:New Investor

• Hobbies: playing with the kids

• My Goals: Off the fence, in the trenches and self-sufficient in 5 years

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

I have had 2 houses rented out, and had the standard dwelling/fire insurance coverage. When I purchased the houses, the lender specifically asks if these are investment or owner occupied. At the time they were strictly for investment. I am now moving into one of the houses and plan on being there for some time, 3 to 4 years. Obviously, I need to change my insurance to a homeowners policy for the one I am in. Can there be, or will there be any negative feedback from the mortgage company? Would they even care, so long as their interest is covered?:angrym:

#2 User is offline   tazcablegirl 

• TREIU
  • PM this member
  • Group: Team Dealmaker
  • Interests:Creative real estate, Money, horses and ranches, boats, family, RE law, outdoors activities, reading, writing short and novel length horror....not necessarily in that order.
  • City:Phoenix
  • State:Arizona

• Level:Fence Sitter,Fulltime Investor

• Hobbies: Writing Non-fiction,Childrens, Horror,sci-fi novels & short stories

• Occupation: Mom, Full time Investor, Business Owner, Loan Officer

• Target Markets: AZ, NM, CO, SC

• Pets: 1 dog

• I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

• Niche: subject to

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

There shouldn't be any feedback from them at all. You are changing your policy with the insurance company and they are being named the beneficiary...if you're not changing or down grading any of the coverages and keeping the state legal limits....the insurance co will handle all the faxing dec pages etc.

Just have the insurance company provide proof that the mortgage compnay is named as beneficiary and they sent the paperwork to them (mortgage co).

You may to check with your city and county and find out if there any paperwork that you need to file with them regarding the change from an investment to personal residence - for tax reasons.

TAZ

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic